Everytime I wash the car one or more of the kids want to help me. As some of you know, thanks to my Dad, I am very particular in how and in what order my cars are washed. The McInellys have a 12 step process that somehow is part of our DNA. If any step is skipped or not done well, it's like the car itself feels neglected and has a sad face until we start over again and do it right. Having the kids help is something I like to have happen with most things. However, with car washing I've learned that all they really want to do is play with the bubbles. I must admit, bubbles are fun and fascinating. So, the other day as I was washing the car and getting multiple offers of help, I decided to give them what they really wanted, some bubbles.
A few drops of soap into the kiddie pool and the hose on high and hours of fun ensued. The screams even attracted the Hatch kids. Looks like fun, eh?


Let me know if you want the McInelly 12 step car care lesson and I'll email it to you. Just be warned that if you know it, you might feel obligated to do all 12 steps and then your friends and neighbors will make fun of you for washing your car all of the time.
6 comments:
Looks like fun. I was wondering if I could just bring my car over for you to show me the 12 step process. And I really mean show me, not teach me.
I love the bubbles in the pool - wonderful idea.
I would love to compare your 12 step process to the not so detailed on we use.
I can attest that the 12 step process is a regular occurance on our block. The McInelly's cars put the rest of the cars on our street to shame!
Jared and I have a good deal going... he borrows my truck to haul stuff and get more supplies for his laws/garden... and I get a clean truck in return!
Now that is a great deal!
Our 12 step process is driving down the hill to a car wash. Yes, we are very lazy.
It's amazing how a little water can be so entertaining for the kids. Our little pool in the backyard keeps our kids busy for hours.
We all wish we could wash cars like you! We're just too lazy to complete the process.
The kids sure had fun with the bubbles!
You crack me up, no wonder my dad like you, I think he has at least a 12 step process too. The man loves to wash a car!
Post a Comment